By Pastor Timothy M. Harris Sr.
Today’s discussions of spiritual issues and Bible questions are often guided by strong opinions, long-held traditions, popular trends, and subjective interpretations. Born of Water breaks the mold in addressing Water Baptism. Using extensive scripture combined with analysis of the original languages and historical research, Born of Water answers questions including:
- * Can you prove Water Baptism in Jesus name from Genesis 1:1?
- What are the Old Testament types and examples of Water Baptism?
- What did Jesus teach about Water Baptism during his ministry?
- Does the book of Matthew teach Jesus Name Baptism?
- How did the Apostles and early church baptize according to scripture and history?
- Is man saved by faith and confession alone? Is Water Baptism optional or necessary?
- Should the phrase “In Jesus Name” or “In the Name of Father, and of the Son, and of The Holy Ghost” be uttered during the Baptism?
- Can we say “In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, In Jesus Name?”* Should we baptize in the name of Yeshua (Jesus’ Hebrew name) or Iesous (Jesus’ Greek name)?
- When, if ever, should someone be rebaptized?
This life-changing compilation of Biblical truth is a resource for today and generations to come.
Rev Harris does a great job showing the Biblical accuracy and necessity of baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. Many very peculiar and insightful questions are proposed and answered biblically. I enjoyed this book - especially the many insights that he shared from logic and hermeneutics (with the help of Gematria and Kabbalah - not my favourite authority, but illuminating nonetheless).
Next to The Scriptures this book is the best book I’ve ever read on Baptism. Pastor Tim Harris lays out the foundation for Baptism in JESUS Name from the Old Testament into the New Testament. It is Brilliantly written, systematically payed out, and Biblically founded.